Hmmm.  

Posted by Megan Moulos in , ,



So lately I've been thinking about the many tattoos I want to get in honor of my family members. My mom and dad have proven difficult to capture, the designs are always changing. I won't start pricking my skin with anything until I have a concrete idea of how to show my love for them.

Anyway, the choice for my Nana is easy, an elephant with it's trunk in the air. Lately I've been toying with the idea of having the elephant hold a large poppy which would sort of play off the idea of how I would call my grandpa "Poppy." Not a red poppy - there are too many representational attributes assigned to them that I don't associate with my grandfather (WWI, death, sleep) - but maybe Himalayan blue. My Nana loves anything Japanese or "Oriental" so it would be nice to have some sort of design element somewhere on/around the elephant.

It will be my first color tattoo, so I'm a bit nervous about the color scheme and how it will look and change on my skin. I have an olive complexion that tans very dark over the summer.



This entry was posted on Wednesday, April 15, 2009 at 5:02 PM and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

1 Holla'd back

Let me just say, I've always wanted a tattoo, but there's nothing I like enough to ever have it tattooed on, but I like the concepts you have for your's.

April 20, 2009 at 1:47 AM

Post a Comment