TILT: Thanksgiving Edition  

Posted by Megan Moulos in , ,

1. Marshmallow covered yams.

2. Howard Tangye - http://www.howardtangye.com/





I love the way Austrialian artist Howard Tangye juxtaposes the heavy build up of pastels with effortless, curving lines. His artwork immediately calls to mind the work of Egon Schiele. Tangye attended St. Martin's School of Art in London and later went on to post-graduate study at Parsons here in New York. From his website:

In drawings I have always placed importance on character and the body and how it moves. When I designed clothes I also wanted the line to flow...I draw for myself and if I am not doing it physically I am mentally casting a line. It's demanding, and not always a happy experience. It's a bit like falling in love, but unrequited.
3. Studio Drive-by: Jen Stark

This entry was posted on Friday, November 28, 2008 at 11:02 AM and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 Holla'd back

Post a Comment